vinyāsaDevanāgarī: विन्यास Translation: special placing; arrangement, disposition, order; putting together, connecting Similar words:vinyāsakrama Related concepts:nyāsa, krama, saṃnyāsa, viniyoga
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“In the indian tradition we have the idea of Varṇa–Āśrama–Dharma
According to a persons environment, development
or stage of activity in life, the choice must vary.
Which will help a person grow at the body and mental level?
So as such it should be Sṛṣṭi Krama for a certain level of people.
In old times. up to the age of 24 years should be in the direction of Sṛṣṭi Krama.
In other words more risk taken with the body, more ability to grasp ideas.
i.e. Vinyāsa almost like gymnastics.
Not suitable for older person starting Yoga.
We need to be open to this beautiful idea of adaptation.”
– TKV Desikachar France August 1983
“Āsana practice should take into account:
– Where we are – Where am I?
– Where are we going – What is my goal?
– What happens afterwards – How do I continue with my life?
There needs to be steps in the sequence to lead to the goal and counter postures
to prepare for life after the Yoga practice, a Vinyāsa.
The postures need to be visualised prior to being executed, Bhāva.
It is important to prepare for life after a Yoga practice
so that a student is fully prepared for life outside the Yoga room.”
– From study notes with TKV Desikachar in England 1992
“We start our practice where we are and look toward a certain goal.
Then we choose the steps that will lead us toward realising that goal
and will gradually bring us back into our everyday life,
but our daily practice does not return us to the exact place we started.
The practice has changed us.”
– TKV Desikachar
“In terms of the transition within
a Vinyāsa Krama from standing
Āsana to lying Āsana and beyond.
Choose not to lie down for Śavāsana
until you feel you don’t need to lie down.”
– 108 Postural Practice Pointers
“Sometimes the Vinyāsa Krama,
or special placing of steps from,
is more important than the steps to.
At other times the Vinyāsa Krama,
or special placing of steps to,
is more important than the steps from.
In our life as well as our practice.”
– 108 Yoga Practice Pointers
General Guidelines for Practice Planning:
“In terms of practice planning the spirit of Viniyoga
is achieved by two broad means:
1. The selection of practice material that is appropriate
to the needs and circumstances of the student.
2. The intelligent use of Vinyāsa Krama.”
– 108 Yoga Planning Pointers
Links to Related Posts:
- A fundamental facet in the principles of Āsana, Mudrā and Prāṇāyāma practice……
- A sample Parivṛtti and Paścimatāna Themed Group Practice
- A series on Āsana Part One – Moving into our Bodies with Samasthiti
- Collected Āsana Practice Planning Questions – as of November 2021…
- Compendium of Quotes from TKV Desikachar on the Yoga of T Krishnamacharya……
- Considerations for Vinyāsa Krama around Bakāsana……
- Cultivating the skills within Yoga Practice Planning for Individual Students
- Design a practice with an emphasis on working with arm movements in Bhujaṅgāsana as preparation for Dhanurāsana.
- Design an evening Practice before going out (as if) to teach Yoga…
- Design an Āsana practice around Dhanurāsana and Ardha Matsyendrāsana
- Design an Āsana practice to include three hand balance Āsana of your choice…
- Design an Āsana practice to move towards being able to work dynamically in Ūrdhva Prasṛta Pādāsana
- Design and Experiment with a Practice around Bhujaṅgāsana and Paścimatānāsana…
- Design a Practice for the morning after a heavy meal and late night…
- Design a Practice to experience the application of Sound in Āsana…
- Design a Prāṇāyāma for yourself to include Śītalī, Anuloma Ujjāyī and Nāḍī Śodhana
- Design a Prāṇāyāma for yourself to include a crown ratio of 22.214.171.124. in Nāḍī Śodhana
- Design a practice leading to staying in Sarvāṅgāsana for 8 minutes…
- Design a practice to stay 8 minutes in Paścimatānāsana…
- Discuss the different aspects of Vinyāsa Krama in Prāṇāyāma…
- Examples of Vinyāsa Krama for Sitting Āsana within a Single Practice.
- Finding your starting point within Āsana to set a direction and route towards a goal…
- Longer term Vinyāsa Krama within the Viniyoga of the breath in Āsana……
- My understanding on the context and content of Yoga Makaranda
- One primary prerequisite to initiation into a Tri Bandha Sādhana was a……
- Principles behind why Krishnamacharya only taught adults 121……
- Question to Krishnamacharya – “Can you explain the concept of Vinyāsa and Pratikriyā Āsana?”
- Strange to find my bananas enveloped by Yoga teachings on Vinyāsa Krama……
- The Āsana are presented in Vinyāsa Krama……….
- The counter posture needs to be mastered before a particular Āsana is attempted
- The idea of Vinyāsa, begin from where you are, go to a point, and……
- The Viniyoga of Inversion as an Āsana or as a Mudrā……
- Vinyāsa Krama for Upaviṣṭa Koṇāsana from TKV Desikachar’s Notebooks
- Vinyāsa Krama for the Catur Bandha in Mahā Mudrā for an advanced Āsana student……
- Vinyāsa Krama is pronounced according to its meaning as……
- Viniyoga Vignette 5 – Introducing Uḍḍīyana Bandha within an Āsana practice
- We need to consider the process that surrounds one’s Āsana practice…
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)