vāyuDevanāgarī: वायु Translation: wind; air element Similar words:prāṇāyāma, vāyava, prāṇa, vāta Opposite words:nivāta Related concepts:bhūta, ākāśa, tejas, āp, pṛthvī
Appears inSāṃkhya Kārikā: Bhagavad Gītā:
Chapter 6: 34Haṭha Yoga Pradīpikā:
Chapter 2: 2Yoga Rahasya:
Chapter 2: 30
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“Question to T Krishnamacharya –
Q: Some people describe that Kuṇḍalinī
goes through the Suṣumṇā
to the Sahasrāra.
Is this correct?
A: No, it is the Prāṇa Vāyu that
moves through the Suṣumṇā.
– Śrī Krishnamacharya – The Pūrnācārya
– published by the KYM in 1997″
Links to Related Posts:
- Prāṇa – Its origin, function and malfunction
- Prāṇāyāma within Rāja Yoga and Haṭha Yoga
- Studying, Practicing and Learning the Tri Bandha involves Theory, Techniques and Cautions…
- The presence and actions of Prāṇa Śakti……..