varṇaDevanāgarī: वर्ण Translation: type; order; colour; class Related concepts:dharma, āśrama, svara, mātrā, bala, sāman, saṃtāna
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“In the indian tradition we have the idea of Varṇa–Āśrama–Dharma
According to a persons environment, development
or stage of activity in life, the choice must vary.
Which will help a person grow at the body and mental level?
So as such it should be Sṛṣṭi Krama for a certain level of people.
In old times. up to the age of 24 years should be in the direction of Sṛṣṭi Krama.
In other words more risk taken with the body, more ability to grasp ideas.
i.e. Vinyāsa almost like gymnastics.
Not suitable for older person starting Yoga.
We need to be open to this beautiful idea of adaptation.”
– TKV Desikachar France August 1983
Links to Related Posts:
- Veda Mantra Chanting Practice – PDF’s & MP3 Sound Files Support Resources
- Yoga Sūtra Chanting Practice – PDF’s and MP3 Sound Files Support Resources
- Correct vibrational intonation was an important emphasis within all aspects of Mantra initiation
- One example of this depth is Krishnamacharya’s lesser known work in the teaching of Mantra……