taḍākaDevanāgarī: तडाक Translation: a tank, pool Related concepts:mudrā, bandha, uḍḍīyāna, mūla, jālandhara, taḍākamudrā
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“We must begin to do these Bandha in some
simple postures so our bodies can get used to them.
The easiest posture is to lie flat on the back.
We call this Taḍāka Mudrā when we
do Uḍḍīyana Bandha in this position,”
– TKV Desikachar ‘The Concept, Preparation and Techniques of Bandha’
Religiousness in Yoga Chapter Fourteen Page 197
Links to Related Posts:
- Āsana and Mudrā Glossary – Grouped into Standing, Kneeling, Lying, Inverted, Backbend, Seated & Sitting
- Glossary of Prāṇāyāma & Bandha Practice Techniques – Grouped into Primary, Secondary & Ancillary Techniques
- cYs Practitioner Training Programme Retreat Extract 4 – Self Planning & Self Practice
- Viniyoga Vignette 5 – Introducing Uḍḍīyana Bandha within an Āsana practice