sthitiDevanāgarī: स्थिति Translation: staying or remaining or being in any state or condition; maintenance of life; Similar words:stha Related concepts:sthira, sṛṣṭi, krama, saṃhāra, anta
Appears inYoga Sūtra: Bhagavad Gītā:
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“For the householder, in line with Sthiti Krama,
the most important practice is Prāṇāyāma.”
– From T Krishnamacharya’s composition, the Yoga Rahasya
“Sthiti Krama –
Having grown, not to become old too soon,
let us maintain a status quo.
Sthiti Krama is for a person who has responsibilities, marriage, work.
No longer a full time student.
Still time for Svādhyāya.
Preservation of what you have received as a student.
So Sthiti Krama very critical in one’s life.
The difference is that you have your own responsibilities.
You cannot forsake them to study this or that.
Considered important because it is a challenge from 25-60 to sustain this position.
Because it is very difficult, there is a great excuse for escaping Svādhyāya.
We must do it to handle or approach problems around us – children, students, etc.”
– TKV Desikachar France August 1983
“According to Manu’s authority on behaviour,
in Kālī Yuga Saṃnyāsa is not possible!
Sthiti Krama is a transition to the next stage
where you begin to accept the inevitable.
There is a great Saṃskāra of youth.
We then accept that there will be a setting of the Sun.
You eat less, reflect more, you think of God.
This is Saṃhāra Krama.”
– TKV Desikachar France 1983
Link to Related Posts:
Share on your Social Networking Pages, Email or Print:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)