sarvāṅgāsanaDevanāgarī: सर्वाङ्गासन Translation: all parts posture Similar words:sarva, āsana Related concepts:āsana, śīrṣāsana, mudrā, viparīta, karaṇī, ākuñcana
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“Another important thing that he has understood is
that these Āsana should not be taken one by one,
they have to be taken as a group and as a composition.
This means you don’t do headstand on Monday,
shoulder stand on Tuesday,
you do your group of Āsana linked like words in a sentence.”
– TKV Desikachar from lectures on ‘The Yoga of T Krishnamacharya’,
given at Zinal, Switzerland 1981.
“Five questions my teacher taught me that need to be ‘posed’,
for or to any student wishing to practice Sarvāṅgāsana,
or even for and to any teacher wishing to teach Sarvāṅgāsana,
whatever the situation.
1. Who is going to practice it?
2. Why do they wish to use it?
3. When are they going to practice it?
4. How are they going to get in and out of it?
5. What do they need to have done to verify their capability?”
– 108 Teaching Path Pointers
Links to Related Posts:
- A collation of articles by Srivatsa Ramaswami around the teachings of T Krishnamacharya
- Āsana practice to ascertain capability for Sarvāṅgāsana……
- Compendium of Quotes from TKV Desikachar on the Yoga of T Krishnamacharya……
- Design a practice leading to staying in Sarvāṅgāsana for 8 minutes…
- Design a practice leading to Sarvāṅgāsana with a crown of 12 breaths 22.214.171.124.
- Śīrṣāsana as a Viparīta Karaṇī Mudrā……
- The counter posture needs to be mastered before a particular Āsana is attempted
- The Viniyoga of Āsana Part 2 of 15 – There are Many Approaches to Āsana Practice
- The Viniyoga of Inversion as an Āsana or as a Mudrā……
- What are the Haṭha Yoga principles that inform the viniyoga of inverted Āsana?
- When we teach the headstand we first teach preparation……
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)