rājaDevanāgarī: राज Translation: sovereign Similar words:samādhi Opposite words:haṭha Related concepts:laya, bhakti, yoga
Appears inBhagavad Gītā:
Chapter 9: titleHaṭha Yoga Pradīpikā:
Chapter 1: 1
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“Now let us go to some of his views on matters of interest. He believes that the only Yoga text that has any clear presentation of Yoga is the Yoga Sūtra.
But, he says, Rāja Yoga is just words without Sādhana, just like I read the other day, that philosophy itself is more interesting than any result from it.
However, with Sādhana, Rāja Yoga is the same as Bhakti Yoga.”
– TKV Desikachar from lectures on ‘The Yoga of T Krishnamacharya’,
given at Zinal, Switzerland 1981.
“Union of Jīva Ātman and Parama Ātman is a Siddhi not a Sādhana when it is felt or realised.
If this is clear then Rāja Yoga is a Siddhi.
However one has to work for it in Sādhana.
Anything that takes you in this direction is a Sādhana.”
– TKV Desikachar France 1983
Links to Related Posts:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)