pratilomaDevanāgarī: प्रतिलोम Translation: opposite grain Opposite words:anuloma, viloma Related concepts:prāṇāyāma, ujjāyī, pratiloma krama, pratiloma ujjāyī
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“In India the Purohita (person appointed to be in charge of the teaching)
has the authority to say:
Anuloma – What goes with what the person wants.
Viloma – What goes against what the person wants.
Pratiloma – What is different from what the person wants.
In the West too much Anuloma.
In India more Viloma and Pratiloma.”
– TKV Desikachar Madras 1998
Links to Related Posts:
- Glossary of Prāṇāyāma & Bandha Practice Techniques – Grouped into Primary, Secondary & Ancillary Techniques
- cYs Practitioner Training Programme Retreat Extract 1 – Self Planning & Self Practice
- Link to extensive commentary on viniyoga Vignette 2 – Combining techniques in Prāṇāyāma
- Viniyoga Vignette 2 – Combining techniques in Prāṇāyāma