mokṣaDevanāgarī: मोक्ष Translation: liberation, release from worldly existence or transmigration, final or eternal emancipation Similar words:kaivalya Opposite words:bandhana Related concepts:dharma, artha, kāma
Appears inBhagavad Gītā:
Chapter 18: title
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“In the indian tradition we have the idea of Varṇa–Āśrama–Dharma
According to a persons environment, development
or stage of activity in life, the choice must vary.
Which will help a person grow at the body and mental level?
So as such it should be Sṛṣṭi Krama for a certain level of people.
In old times. up to the age of 24 years should be in the direction of Sṛṣṭi Krama.
In other words more risk taken with the body, more ability to grasp ideas.
i.e. Vinyāsa almost like gymnastics.
Not suitable for older person starting Yoga.
We need to be open to this beautiful idea of adaptation.”
– TKV Desikachar France August 1983
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)