karaṇīDevanāgarī: करणी Translation: form, aspect; doing, making; a particular position of the fingers Similar words:viparītakaraṇī Related concepts:viparīta, mudrā, sarvāṅgāsana, śīrṣāsana
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“It must be remembered that Śīrṣāsana is
one form of the Viparīta Karaṇī Mudrā.
For those who cannot do Śīrṣāsana
or any other inverted posture,
alternatives do exist.
Mahāmudrā is one such alternative
which would yield similar benefits.”
– TKV Desikachar KYM Darśanam February 1994
Links to Related Posts:
- Āsana and Mudrā Glossary – Grouped into Standing, Kneeling, Lying, Inverted, Backbend, Seated & Sitting
- Glossary of Prāṇāyāma & Bandha Practice Techniques – Grouped into Primary, Secondary & Ancillary Techniques
- Śīrṣāsana as a Viparīta Karaṇī Mudrā
- The Viniyoga of Inversion as an Āsana or as a Mudrā……