kaphaDevanāgarī: कफ Translation: phlegm principle Related concepts:doṣa, pitta, vāta, āyurveda
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“Svabhāva (innate disposition) – Nature of a person.
For example tendency to put on weight, liver problem,
muscular pains for no reason, changes in temperature.
This is why Āyurveda divides humans into 3 types.
Approximately Pitta–Sattva, Kapha–Tamas, Vāta–Rajas Guṇa.
We not only look at the physical structure,
but also how food affects the individual.
Heavy in the morning, etc.
For example different children in the family affected by the same food differently.”
– TKV Desikachar France 1983
Links to Related Posts:
- Āyurveda & Yoga – The Pañca Bhūta The Das Indriya & The Tridoṣa – Part 3 of 12
- Āyurveda & Yoga – The Triguṇa The Tridoṣa & The Human System – Part 4 of 12
- Āyurveda & Yoga – The Tridoṣa The Human Constitution & The Ageing Process – Part 5 of 12
- Āyurveda & Yoga – Prāṇa & The Five Aspects of Each of the Tridoṣa – Part 6 of 12
- Laṅghana Kriyā has two functional dimensions…
- The presence and actions of Prāṇa Śakti……..