adhyātmikaDevanāgarī: अध्यात्मिक Translation: concerning the essence Similar words:adhyātma Related concepts:viniyoga
Appears inSāṃkhya Kārikā:
Click here for complete Saṃskṛta Index
“Where do Āsana lead us?
1. For seated practices. (Adhyātmika – Concerning our essence)
To stay in a stable position with the spine erect for Dhyāna or preparation for Dhyāna.
2. For health. (Cikitsā – Therapeutics)
They do something for the energy flow of the body.
3. Ability to master the body. (Śakti – Power)
Not necessarily to promote health but to show that we can master the body.
Often these are good for health, though many are only useful as challenges.”
– From my study notes with TKV Desikachar.
Links to Related Posts:
- The concern of Yoga as Meditation is the mystery of life rather than the mastery of life…….
- T Krishnamacharya’s accomplishments should not be defined just by his more well known characterisations……