“The Sūtra does not require the Gem.
But the Gem requires the Sūtra.
Just like there is a hole in every Gem,
there is a place for God in Every Being
and that hole is the Heart.”
– T Krishnamacharya commentary on Bhagavad Gītā Chapter Seven verse 7
“The ultimate goal of Yoga is to always observe things accurately,
and therefore never act in a way that will make us regret our actions later.”
– TKV Desikachar
“What is most vital to a person for everlasting happiness
is to understand the nature of consciousness
and the Lord and his created entities.”
– TKV Desikachar Commentary on Gītārtha Saṃgraha of Śrī Yāmunācārya Śloka Four
“What is darkness for some people is light for others.
What is light for some people is darkness for others.”
– TKV Desikachar on Bhagavad Gītā Chapter Two verse 69
“The ability to do whatever we do in life is linked to our state of mind.”
– TKV Desikachar on Bhagavad Gītā Chapter Two verse 50
“The movement of life is a pilgrimage of the body
and cannot be accomplished without action.”
– TKV Desikachar on Bhagavad Gītā Chapter Three verse 8
“Before I inquire into who am I,
I must first look at who I am.”
– TKV Desikachar on Bhagavad Gītā Chapter Six verse 20