The Art Sounding and Chanting Workshop Module One
Free your Voice as a way to Experience the Source of Vibration
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Sacred Sādhana Workshop is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach, interactive teaching and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. The 2 day workshop introduces the student to the primary principles and teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar on the Art of Sounding and Chanting.
Based in the Cotswolds, it offers a two day intensive on Sounding and Chanting practice and theory where the basic principles and practices of learning Sounding and Chanting are explored and experienced. It introduces the core principles in the Art of Sounding and Chanting as a Sacred Sādhana, as well as providing options for those who wish to offer sounding and chanting work for others.
The workshop is presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching, namely, transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the students personal practice and study Sādhana.
- The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Sacred Sādhana Workshop 9March 27, 2021
An in-depth Introduction to Sounding and Chanting – Module One
Two Day Workshop March 27/28th 2021 – Five Places Available
The workshop maybe of interest to students from any walk of life, personally interested in learning and practicing the Art of Sound & Chanting for their own personal Sādhana development. Or for Yoga teachers and trainee teachers who wish to study for personal Sādhana development and/or for professional teaching.
It is also a prerequisite to further training through the Art of Yoga Sūtra Chanting – Module Two Sacred Sādhana Course or Art of Veda Mantra Chanting – Module Two Sacred Sādhana Course.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop Framework
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshops reflect the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through
- Gaining confidence
– in finding your chanting voice and developing your breathing through Sound and Chanting.
- An appreciation
– and familiarity with the principles which inspire Sound and Chant practice.
– Sound and Chant as a therapeutic support, personal meditation and Sacred Sādhana.
– the core principles which inspire the use of Sound and Chanting practices.
– the important Saṃskṛta terms in Āsana, Mudrā, Prāṇāyāma, Dhyāna and Chanting
– of Sound and Chanting respecting differences in cultural background, vocal ability and musical experience.
– how Sound and Chant can be a tool to lead the student towards silence as a natural outcome.
- Learning skills
– for teaching Sound and Chanting for others.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop topics total over 10 hours through:
1. Learning practice techniques, observation skills and awareness processes to help refine your short term and long term personal Chanting practice – 2.0 hours
- Exploring Chanting Practice according to Age
- Exploring Chanting Practice according to Health
- Exploring Chanting Practice according to Lifestyle
- Exploring Chanting Practice according to Constitution
- Introducing the Energetic characteristics of Chanting
- Introducing the Psychological characteristics of Chanting
2. Study of Chanting Practice Techniques and Practice Theory – 8.0 hours
- Learning techniques to help find our chanting voice and develop their breathing with and for Sound and Chant.
- Learning how to read and authentically vocalise Sound and Chant in Romanised Saṃskṛta.
- Learning how to link and join Romanised Saṃskṛta to enhance our use and understanding of Sound and Chant.
- Being able to choose appropriate postures according to the energy and application of the Sound and Chant.
- Integrating Sound and Chanting into existing Āsana, Prāṇāyāma and Meditational (Dhyānam) practices.
- Discovering how Sound and Chant can be used as a tool for learning Indian teachings on psychology or spirituality.
- Indexing Sound and Chant Material
- Origins and context for Chanting
- Guidelines for Sound and Chant
- Saṃskṛta alphabet and pronunciation of the Sound and Chant
- Saṃskṛta grammar and Saṃskṛta Sound and Chant rules
3. Workshop Review Session and Home Study Guidelines – 0.25 hour
- Informal support of a practical nature through review, reading, questions for reflection and guidelines for core and developmental personal Chanting practices
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop Prerequisites
All are welcome irrespective of any background or though some prior experience of Chanting, or Sound Work, or Voice Work would be helpful.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop Feedback
Support and advice, plus suggestions for home study and practice directions, will be offered on the students’ progress and on the possibilities for further development after the course.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop Certification
The Art of Sound and Chant Workshop Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students with 100% attendance.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Group Size Workshop Timings Fees & Booking
The Module One Personal Sādhana Workshops are limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It is for all Yoga students except complete Yoga beginners, or any Yoga teacher, or Yoga trainee teacher.
The days are on Saturday from 10.30-6.45 and Sunday from 9.00-2.00.
The 2019 Workshop fee will be £220 for the two days.
The 2020 Workshop fee will be £225 for the two days.
The 2021 Workshop fee will be £230 for the two days.
The 2022 Workshop fee will be £235 for the two days.
The full fee is payable at the time of booking and includes a pre-prepared colour printed manual, tuition, vegetarian lunches each day, all refreshments plus supper on the evening of the first day. Accomodation is not included in the teaching and catering fee.
The full course fee is required. It can be paid by Postal cheque or Bank draft. Please contact Paul to indicate your preference. Confirmation of your payment and place will be sent. All Fees are non-returnable and non-transferable. In the case of Courses not running an acceptable alternative or a full refund will be offered.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop Venue & Accommodation
All the weekends are based in the Cotswolds with a country setting and retreat atmosphere.
Do note that the fees will include lunch and, if staying overnight, evening supper to help with costs. Thus, if staying overnight locally there is no need to incur any further costs, apart from accommodation, until you leave.