The Art of Haṭha Energetics Workshop Module One
Vitalize your Energy Understanding Nāḍī Prāṇa Agni Cakra Bhūta
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop is limited to around five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It introduces the student, through a 2 day workshop, to the primary principles and essential teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar on the Haṭha texts and how they can inspire and inform our personal Yoga Sādhana.
“The Cakra are points of concentration for the mind.”
– Quote from ‘Concering the Cakra’ by TKV Desikachar
Based in the Cotswolds, it is open to all except complete beginners. It offers an opportunity for a student from any Yoga background or style to have an in-depth introduction to the primary principles and teachings from the major Haṭha Yoga texts, either for personal development or, if relevant, professional skills.
It is presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching, namely, transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the students personal practice & study Sādhana.
These Haṭha or energetic principles will be drawn from early formative texts such as the:
- Gorakṣa Śataka composed around the 13/14th Century
- Yoga Yājñavalkhya composed around the 14th Century
- Śiva Saṃhitā composed around the 15th Century
- Haṭha Yoga Pradīpikā composed around the 15th Century
- Yoga Tārāvali composed around the 15/16th Century
- Yoga Upaniṣat composed around the 16/17th Century
- Gheraṇḍa Saṃhitā composed around the 17/18th Century
We will explore how they inspire and guide our personal Yoga Sādhana, as well as our Yoga teaching. The weekend course is complete in itself and offers a sound overview of the core principles of Haṭha Yoga as a Sādhana.
“Whilst Prāṇa circulates in us, we live, and when it goes, we die.
Prāṇa is responsible for different functions in the body.
Prāṇa expresses itself in everything that concerns life.
there is an important question to be answered.
How does Prāṇa penetrate the different areas of the body?”
– Quote from ‘Concering the Cakra’ by TKV Desikachar
It is an opportunity for any Yoga Student, or Yoga teachers or trainee teachers from any Yoga background or style to experience an in-depth introduction to the concepts and practices which underpin Haṭha Yoga Sādhana.
- The Art of Haṭha Energetics - Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop 7October 15, 2020
An in-depth overview of Haṭha Yoga Energetic concepts – Module One
Two Day Workshop October 15/16th 2020 – Four Places Available
These fundamental aspects can also be further developed through the Haṭha Energetics Modules Two to Three Personal Sādhana Courses. Here the focus will be primarily on four ancient or contemporary texts on Haṭha Yoga. We will focus on an in-depth exploration of two Haṭha Yoga texts over each Module.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module One Workshop Framework
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Guidance in integrating the primary Haṭha concepts to support your everyday life.
- Understanding the principles which inspire and shape Haṭha Yoga as a Sādhana.
- An overview of important Haṭha teachings around body and mind.
- Familiarisation with basic Haṭha terms and practice techniques.
- Appreciating how your body can work more effectively utilizing Haṭha techniques.
- Deepening our work with and importance of Haṭha concepts such as Prāṇa-Apāna, Mūla-Mala, Candra-Avidyā, Sūrya-Agni and Ṣat Cakra in Yoga practice.
To present a view of the core Haṭha concepts in Yoga through which students can support and develop their own practice and deepen their appreciation of the possibilities for why a view such as Haṭha can support our lives. Its role is not to train students as Yoga teachers.
They are offered with respect for the vital source from which these teachings originated and their place in our age and culture.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module One Workshop topics total over 10 hours through
Haṭha Concepts – 10.0 hours
- Why we need a view such as Haṭha.
- Exploring some key themes that underpin the major Haṭha Yoga texts.
Unpacking Key Haṭha concepts such as:• Prāṇa• Apāna• Amṛtam• Candra• Sūrya• Agni• Mūla• Mala• Tridoṣa• Dvadasa Nādī• Kuṇḍalinī• Avidyā• Ṣat Cakra
• Pañca Bhūta
- Which concepts are most important.
- How the key concepts are linked.
- Learning to look through Haṭha at our relationship with others.
- Linking the concepts of Haṭha to the ebb and flow of daily life.
- Practical learning skills from Haṭha Yoga to refine your personal Yoga Sādhana.
- Linking to the concepts of Haṭha to help develop and deepen your understanding of Yoga.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module One Workshop Prerequisites
A minimum of one year’s attendance at a Yoga group class of any Yoga approach, or 10 individual Yoga lessons with any Yoga teacher.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module One Workshop Feedback
Support and advice will be offered on the students’ progress and on the possibilities for further development after the course.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module One Workshop Certification
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module One Workshop Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students with 100% attendance. This Certificate is awarded in recognition of the commitment in studying the viniyoga of Haṭha Yoga Texts respecting the spirit of TKV Desikachar’s teaching.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module One Workshop Group Size Workshop Timings Fees & Booking
The Module One Personal Sādhana Workshops are limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It is for all Yoga students except complete Yoga beginners, or any Yoga teacher, or Yoga trainee teacher.
The days are on Saturday from 10.30-6.45 and Sunday from 9.00-2.00.
The 2018 Workshop fee will be £210 for the two days.
The 2019 Workshop fee will be £220 for the two days.
The 2020 Workshop fee will be £230 for the two days.
The full fee is payable at the time of booking and includes a pre-prepared colour printed manual, tuition, vegetarian lunches each day, all refreshments plus supper on the evening of the first day. Accomodation is not included in the teaching and catering fee.
The full course fee is required. It can be paid by Postal cheque or Bank draft. Please contact Paul to indicate your preference. Confirmation of your payment and place will be sent. All Fees are non-returnable and non-transferable. In the case of Courses not running an acceptable alternative or a full refund will be offered.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module One Workshop Venue & Accommodation
All the weekends are based in the Cotswolds with a country setting and retreat atmosphere.
Do note that the fees will include lunch and, if staying overnight, evening supper to help with costs. Thus, if staying overnight locally there is no need to incur any further costs, apart from accommodation, until you leave.