The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Workshop Module One
Know your Patterns within The Ebb and Flow of Seasons, Food and Life
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. This weekend workshop introduces the student to the primary principles and essential teachings from Āyurveda and how they were applied by T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar.
Based in the Cotswolds, it is open to all except complete beginners and offers an opportunity for any Yoga Student, teacher or trainee teacher from any Yoga background to develop and deepen their personal Yoga practice and study.
It is presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching, namely, transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the students personal practice and study Sādhana.
It offers an in-depth approach to Āyurveda texts, through an experiential appreciation of the core teachings that underpin the Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle, either for personal development or, if relevant, to enhance professional skills. It is also a prerequisite to further work in the The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course.
- The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle - Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop 6November 17, 2018
An in-depth overview of Āyurveda – Module One
Two Day Workshop Nov 17/18th 2018 – Three Places Available
- The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle - Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop 7November 21, 2020
An in-depth overview of Āyurveda – Module One
Two Day Workshop Nov 21st/22nd 2020 – Five Places Available
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module One Workshop Framework
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Workshop reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Appreciating the role of Prakṛti Parīkṣa or the study of constitution in Yoga
- Linking Doṣa or constitutional elements to Yoga practice and daily lifestyle
- Learning about Āhāra (food) and its relevance to daily lifestyle
- Assessing appropriate and inappropriate Vihāra (lifestyle) practices
- Choosing expansive or contractive Therapeutic Dietary Tools
- Refining the ability of Āyurveda to link directly to Yoga practices
It will be useful for all Yoga students and teachers interested in refining Yoga practice through developing Āyurveda lifestyle skills. This can be either from a personal developmental or a professional expertise viewpoint.
It will focus on the application or viniyoga of Āyurveda lifestyle skills to Yoga teachings.
- When working with the application of Yoga in sustaining a high energy potential (Śikṣaṇa) for study and practice
- When working with the application of Yoga as a support (Rakṣaṇa) in helping to maintain an active lifestyle
- When working with the application of Yoga therapeutically (Cikitsa) with imbalances that cause or aggravate the disease process
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module One Workshop topics total over 10 hours through
Āyurveda Lifestyle Study – 10.00 hours Unpacking Key Āyurveda concepts such as:
- Pañca Prāṇa
– Understanding the flow of Movement
– Understanding the Digestive Fire
– Understanding the 3 principle Energetic Processes
- Prakṛti Parīkṣa
– Beginning Diagnosing the Constitution
- Bṛṃhaṇa Kriyā and Laṅghana Kriyā
– As Therapeutic Lifestyle Tools
- Dravya Guṇa
– Appreciating the value Herbs and Spices in diet
– Appreciating food as medicine
– Appreciating Lifestyle as a tool for change
We will explore guidelines of a practical nature through understanding our constitution and relating it to the many aspects of our lifestyle.
- Which concepts are most important?
- How the key concepts are linked.
- Learning to look through Āyurveda at our relationship with others.
- Linking the concepts of Āyurveda to the ebb and flow of daily life.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module One Workshop Prerequisites
A minimum of one year’s attendance at a Yoga group class of any Yoga approach, or 10 individual Yoga lessons with any Yoga teacher.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module One Workshop Feedback
Support and advice will be offered on the students’ progress and on the possibilities for further development after the course.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module One Workshop Certification
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Workshop Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students with 100% attendance. The Workshop can count for CPD points for Yoga Teachers.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module One Group Size Workshop Timings Fees & Booking
The Module One Personal Sādhana Workshops are limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It is for all Yoga students except complete Yoga beginners, or any Yoga teacher, or Yoga trainee teacher.
The days are on Saturday from 10.30-6.45 and Sunday from 9.00-2.00.
The 2018 Workshop fee will be £210 for the two days.
The 2019 Workshop fee will be £220 for the two days.
The 2020 Workshop fee will be £230 for the two days.
The full fee is payable at the time of booking and includes a pre-prepared colour printed manual, tuition, vegetarian lunches each day, all refreshments plus supper on the evening of the first day. Accomodation is not included in the teaching and catering fee.
The full course fee is required. It can be paid by Postal cheque or Bank draft. Please contact Paul to indicate your preference. Confirmation of your payment and place will be sent. All Fees are non-returnable and non-transferable. In the case of Courses not running an acceptable alternative or a full refund will be offered.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module One Workshop Venue & Accommodation
All the weekends are based in the Cotswolds with a country setting and retreat atmosphere.
Do note that the fees will include lunch and, if staying overnight, evening supper to help with costs. Thus, if staying overnight locally there is no need to incur any further costs, apart from accommodation, until you leave.