The Online Art Sounding and Chanting – 121 eStudy Module One
Free your Voice as a way to Experience the Source of Vibration
This particular eStudy Module One consists of nine 121 live video meetings to facilitate a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It introduces the student, through an online teaching dialogue, to the primary principles and essential teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar on the application of Sounding and Chanting.
The Module maybe of interest to students from any walk of life, personally interested in learning and practicing the Art of Sound & Chanting for their own personal practice development. Or for Yoga teachers and trainee teachers who wish to study for their personal Sādhana development or, if relevant, to enhance professional Yoga teaching skills.
It offers an in-depth approach to the application of Chanting, through an experiential appreciation of the core teachings that underpin the Art of Sounding and Chanting, It is also a prerequisite to further work through the Art of Yoga Sūtra Chanting – Module Two Sacred Sādhana Course or Art of Veda Mantra Chanting – Module Two Sacred Sādhana Course.
The Online Art of Sounding and Chanting Module One Framework
The online Art of Sounding and Chanting Module One reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Gaining confidence
– in finding your chanting voice and developing your breathing through Sound and Chanting.
- An appreciation
– and familiarity with the principles which inspire Sound and Chant practice.
- Learning how to read
– and authentically vocalise Sound and Chant in Romanised Saṃskṛta.
- Learning how to link
– and join Romanised Saṃskṛta to enhance our use and understanding of Sound and Chant.
– Sound and Chant as a therapeutic support, personal meditation and Sacred Sādhana.
– the core principles which inspire the use of Sound and Chanting practices.
- Learning techniques
– to help find our chanting voice and develop their breathing with and for Sound and Chant.
- Being able to choose
– appropriate postures according to the energy and application of the Sound and Chant.
– Sound and Chanting into existing Āsana, Prāṇāyāma and Meditational (Dhyānam) practices.
– how Sound and Chant can be a tool to lead the student towards silence as a natural outcome.
– how Sound and Chant can be used as a tool for learning Indian teachings on psychology or spirituality.
– of Sound and Chanting respecting differences in cultural background, vocal ability and musical experience.
- Learning skills
– for teaching Sound and Chanting for others.
The Online Art of Sounding and Chanting Module One topics total over 7.5 hours through:
- Understanding the important Saṃskṛta terms in Āsana, Mudrā, Prāṇāyāma, Dhyāna and Chanting
- Application of voice work and techniques for sound in personal practice
- Indexing Sound and Chant Material
- Origins and context for Chanting
- Guidelines for Sound and Chant
- Saṃskṛta alphabet and pronunciation of the Sound and Chant
- Saṃskṛta grammar and Saṃskṛta Sound and Chant rules
- Personalising Sound and Chant in Āsana and Mudrā Practices
- Personalising Sound and Chant in Seated Prāṇāyāma and Dhyānam Practices
- Reciting the Yoga Sūtra and Yoga teachings
The Online Art of Sounding and Chanting Module One Prerequisites
All are welcome irrespective of any background or though some prior experience of Chanting, or Sound Work, or Voice Work would be helpful.
The Online Art of of Sounding and Chanting Module One Duration
A total of over 7.5 hours through 9 online sessions of 50′ each.
The Online Art of Sounding and Chanting Module One Timings, Fees and Commencement
The online Module One is offered to students in the form of nine 121 meetings via Skype, FaceTime, or another compatible live link video medium, to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student.
The timings for each session will be 50′. They total 7.5 hours of 121 teaching held over nine meetings at intervals to be negotiated between student and teacher. The suggestion at this point is around 2-4 weeks between meetings.
The fee for the online Module One will be a special module exclusive package price of £385 for the nine sessions and includes a pre-prepared PDF manual as a workbook support. For students using the UK Banking BACS payment system this will be the transferable fee.
However where there are cross country or cross currency transfer fees involved then these need to be added on so the received fee is still £385.
The Fee Structure can include a split payment whereby an initial payment of £200 prior to the online meetings commencing and a further payment of £185 before session 5 convenes.
Missed or cancelled meetings at less than 24 hours notice are chargeable. In these situations further meetings to catch up on content are possible and can be added on at a fee of £44 per 50′ session.
Commencement is dependent on current diary spaces for 121 students. Subject to availability, online meetings can begin after agreeing a mutually convenient time and frequency and transfer of initial fee.
Free Initial Meeting to discuss your needs
A free preliminary half hour online meeting is available to chat around options, discuss your needs and interactive requirements regarding study. Please email Paul to arrange an initial meeting.