The Online Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – 121 eStudy Module One
Know your Patterns within The Ebb and Flow of Seasons, Food and Life
This particular Module One consists of nine 121 live video meetings to facilitate a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It introduces the student, through an online teaching dialogue, to the primary principles and essential teachings within the Āyurveda texts and how they were applied by T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar.
It is open to all except complete beginners and offers an opportunity for any Yoga Student, teacher or trainee teacher from any Yoga background to develop and deepen their personal Yoga practice and study.
It offers an in-depth approach to Āyurveda texts, through an experiential appreciation of the core teachings that underpin the Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle, either for personal development or, if relevant, to enhance professional skills. It is also a prerequisite to further work in the The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course.
The Online Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Framework
The online Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Appreciating the role of Prakṛti Parīkṣa or the study of constitution in Yoga
- Linking Doṣa or constitutional elements to Yoga practice and daily lifestyle
- Learning about Āhāra (food) and its relevance to daily lifestyle
- Assessing appropriate and inappropriate Vihāra (lifestyle) practices
- Choosing expansive or contractive Therapeutic Dietary Tools
- Refining the ability of Āyurveda to link directly to Yoga practices
It will be useful for all Yoga students and teachers interested in refining Yoga practice through developing Āyurveda lifestyle skills. This can be either from a personal developmental or a professional expertise viewpoint.
It will focus on the application of Āyurveda lifestyle skills to Yoga teachings.
- When working with the application of Yoga in sustaining a high energy potential (Śikṣaṇa) for study and practice
- When working with the application of Yoga as a support (Rakṣaṇa) in helping to maintain an active lifestyle
- When working with the application of Yoga therapeutically (Cikitsa) with imbalances that cause or aggravate the disease process
The Online Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One topics total over 7.5 hours through
Unpacking Key Āyurveda concepts such as:
- Pañca Prāṇa
– Understanding the flow of Movement
– Understanding the Digestive Fire
– Understanding the 3 principle Energetic Processes
- Prakṛti Parīkṣa
– Beginning Diagnosing the Constitution
- Bṛṃhaṇa Kriyā and Laṅghana Kriyā
– As Therapeutic Lifestyle Tools
- Dravya Guṇa
– Appreciating the value Herbs and Spices in diet
– Appreciating food as medicine
– Appreciating Lifestyle as a tool for change
We will explore guidelines of a practical nature through understanding our constitution and relating it to the many aspects of our lifestyle.
- Which concepts are most important?
- How the key concepts are linked.
- Learning to look through Āyurveda at our relationship with others.
- Linking the concepts of Āyurveda to the ebb and flow of daily life.
The Online Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Duration
A total of over 7.5 hours through 9 online sessions of 50′ each.
The Online Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Prerequisites
A minimum of one year’s attendance at a Yoga group class of any Yoga approach, or 10 individual Yoga lessons with any Yoga teacher.
The Online Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Feedback
Support and advice will be offered on the students’ progress and on the possibilities for further development after the course.
The Online Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Certification
The online Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students. This Certificate is awarded in recognition of the commitment in studying the application of Āyurveda Lifestyle respecting the spirit of TKV Desikachar’s teaching
The Online Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Timings, Fees and Commencement
The online Module One is offered to students in the form of nine 121 meetings via Skype, FaceTime, or another compatible live link video medium, to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student.
The timings for each session will be 50′. They total 7.5 hours of 121 teaching held over nine meetings at intervals to be negotiated between student and teacher. The suggestion at this point is around 2-4 weeks between meetings.
The fee for the online Module One will be a special module exclusive package price of £385 for the nine sessions and includes a pre-prepared PDF manual as a workbook support. For students using the UK Banking BACS payment system this will be the transferable fee.
However where there are cross country or cross currency transfer fees involved then these need to be added on so the received fee is still £385.
The Fee Structure can include a split payment whereby an initial payment of £200 prior to the online meetings commencing and a further payment of £185 before session 5 convenes.
Missed or cancelled meetings at less than 24 hours notice are chargeable. In these situations further meetings to catch up on content are possible and can be added on at a fee of £44 per 50′ session.
Commencement is dependent on current diary spaces for 121 students. Subject to availability, online meetings can begin after agreeing a mutually convenient time and frequency and transfer of initial fee.
Free Initial Meeting to discuss your needs
A free preliminary half hour online meeting is available to chat around options, discuss your needs and interactive requirements regarding study. Please email Paul to arrange an initial meeting.