The Online Art of Sūtra Psychology – 121 eStudy Modules Two to Five
Clear your Flow Exploring Awareness within Mind and Emotions
The online Art of Sūtra Psychology Modules Two to Five each consist of eighteen 121 live video meetings to facilitate a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It introduces the student, through an online teaching dialogue, to the primary principles and essential teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar within the Yoga Sūtra.
“Patañjali was very prophetic, because he spoke not only of yesterday’s mind,
but also of tomorrow’s. His message concerns clarity,
and it will become more and more pertinent as time goes by,
because people are now questioning much more than before.”
– TKV Desikachar
It is open to all who have successfully completed an online Sūtra Psychology Module One and offers an opportunity for any Yoga Student, teacher or trainee teacher from any Yoga background to develop and deepen their personal Yoga practice and study.
It offers an in-depth approach to the Yoga Sūtra, through an experiential appreciation of the core teachings that underpin the Art of Sūtra Psychology, either for personal development or, if relevant, to enhance professional skills.
The Art of Sūtra Psychology Online Modular Course focus topics are listed below for each 15 hour Module:
- Module Two – 15 hours
– Book 1 verse by verse with selected commentaries of Krishnamacharya and Desikachar
- Module Three – 15 hours
– Book 2 verse by verse with selected commentaries of Krishnamacharya and Desikachar
- Module Four – 15 hours
– Book 3 verse by verse with selected commentaries of Krishnamacharya and Desikachar
- Module Five – 15 hours
– Book 4 verse by verse with selected commentaries of Krishnamacharya and Desikachar
Each Module offers a in-depth study of a Chapter of the Yoga Sūtra. It is an opportunity for a Yoga student from any Yoga background or style to experience an in-depth exploration of each chapter of the Yoga Sūtra of Patāñjali over four 15 hour modules.
“The problem is in the mind
and the key is in the mind.”
– TKV Desikachar
A Sūtra study workbook with a verse by verse translation and word by word index for all the verses in each chapter is included as part of the Course Manual for all participating students.
The Online Art of Sūtra Psychology Modules Two to Five Framework
The online Sūtra Psychology Modules Two to Five reflect the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Guidance in emphasising a personal reflective study to support your life.
- Understanding the principles that inspire and shape Yoga psychology.
- Exploration of primary Yoga Sūtra concepts around body and mind.
- Familiarisation with basic Yoga Sūtra terms and practice techniques.
- Appreciating how chanting the Yoga Sūtra can aid their absorption and deepen our understanding.
- Deepening the reflective aspects of our personal practice with the Yoga Sūtra.
To present a view of the Yoga Sūtra through which students can support and develop their own practice and deepen their appreciation of the possibilities for the Yoga Sūtra in their lives. These teachings are offered with respect for the vital source from which these Yoga teachings originated and their place in our age and culture.
The Art of Sūtra Psychology – Modules Two to Five Professional
Even though the Yoga Sūtra teachings and techniques developed in the Art of Sūtra Psychology Modular Courses can enhance any Yoga Teachers professional skills in the fields of Yoga Psychology and Yoga Therapeutic Healthcare, there is no requirement to teach or to intend to teach Yoga. This is not the role of the course.
In fact not everybody wants to or actually needs to become a Yoga teacher to further their practice and study. Here the priorities are towards personal development and thus questions relating to our personal practice and study are the priorities. These Courses reflect this viewpoint.
“Abhyāsa, when performed with reverence, without interruption, over a long period of time, will result in a healthy body, acute senses and extraordinary alertness.”
– T Krishnamacharya
The aim is that we are all here in this course as students and it offers an opportunity for all teachers to step back from their teaching role and re-enhance their personal study and practice path.
The Art of Sūtra Psychology – Modules Two to Five each total over 15 hours per Module through:
1. Yoga Sūtra – 12.0 hours
- Exploring the key concepts that inform each Chapter.
- How the four chapters can link to personal practice goals.
- In depth overview of the structure of chapters.
- What are the key Sūtra in each chapter.
- In depth overview of the Sūtra in each chapter.
- Linking each chapter to the meditative path in Yoga.
- Which concepts from each chapter are most relevant to us.
- How to prioritize short term and long term goals in Yoga.
- Learning to read the Sūtra signposts for our personal journey.
- Why the view is the foundation for practice and life.
- Learning to look from the Yoga Sūtra at our relationship with others.
- Linking the Sūtra to the ebb and flow of daily life.
- Practical learning skills from the Yoga Sūtra to refine your practice.
- Linking the Yoga Sūtra to help develop and deepen your practice.
- Introduction to the value of reciting the Yoga Sūtra
2. Review Sessions and Home Study Guidelines – 3.0 hours
- Informal support of a practical nature through review, reading, questions for reflection and guidelines for core and developmental personal study processes
- Home study of a practical nature through reading, questions and exploration through textual study
The Art of Sūtra Psychology – Modules Two to Five Prerequisites
Prospective students will have successfully completed an online Sūtra Psychology Module One Programme and then undertake the Modular Courses Two to Five in sequence from Book One to Book Four.
The Online Art of Sūtra Psychology Modules Two to Five Duration
A total of over 15 hours per Module each through 18 online sessions of 50′ each.
The Online Art of Sūtra Psychology Modules Two to Five Feedback
Support and advice will be offered on the students’ progress and on the possibilities for further development after the course.
The Online Art of Sūtra Psychology Modules Two to Five Certification
The online Sūtra Psychology Modular Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students. This Certificate is awarded in recognition of the commitment in studying the Application of the Yoga Sūtra respecting the spirit of TKV Desikachar’s teaching.
The Online Art of Sūtra Psychology Modules Two to Five Timings, Fees and Commencement
Each online Module is offered to students in the form of eighteen 121 meetings via Skype, FaceTime, or another compatible live link video medium, to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student.
The timings for each session will be 50′. They total 15 hours of 121 teaching for each module held over eighteen meetings at intervals to be negotiated between student and teacher. The suggestion at this point is around 1-3 weeks between meetings.
The fee for each online Module will be a special module exclusive package price of £790 for the eighteen sessions and includes a pre-prepared PDF manual as a workbook support. For students using the UK Banking BACS payment system this will be the transferable fee.
However where there are cross country or cross currency transfer fees involved then these need to be added on so the received fee is still £790.
The Fee Structure can include a split payment whereby an initial payment of £400 prior to the online meetings commencing and a further payment of £390 before session 10 convenes.
Missed or cancelled meetings at less than 24 hours notice are chargeable. In these situations further meetings to catch up on content are possible and can be added on at a fee of £45 per 50′ session.
Commencement is dependent on current diary spaces for 121 students. Subject to availability, online meetings can begin after agreeing a mutually convenient time and frequency and transfer of initial fee.