The Art of Personal Sādhana aims to reflect the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar’s teaching, namely transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the student’s personal Yoga Sādhana through 121 Lessons or Small Group Studies limited to a maximum of five students.
What are the Primary Areas for Study of Associated Yoga and Lifestyle Texts and Teachings?
As a student we need to consider six separate, yet related textual study areas that need to be prioritised and developed as an essential aspect of our Yoga journey and personal development according to the teachings of Krishnamacharya.
Each textual topic offers a range of in-depth Modular Workshops and Courses for your personal study interest and development, or if relevant, professional skills.
“Yoga Practice is an essential part of Yoga Study.
Rather than Yoga Study being an essential part of Yoga Practice.”
The six links below will take you to a page where you can explore an overview of each of the six topics in the Associated Yoga and Lifestyle Texts Study Workshops and Courses that complement the Yoga Practice Techniques and Theory Study Workshops and Courses.
- Art of Sūtra Psychology – Modules One to Five
– Clear your Flow Exploring Awareness within Mind and Emotions
- Art of Haṭha Energetics – Modules One to Three
– Vitalize your Energy Understanding Nāḍī Prāṇa Agni Cakra Bhūta
- Art of Gītā Scripture – Modules One to Four
– Search your Heart in the Quest for Relationship with the Beyond
- Art of Upaniṣat Mysticism – Modules One to Two
– Feel your Self as Essence within the Being of the Ultimate Reality
- Art of Sāṃkhya Philosophy – Modules One to Two
– See your World through Spirit Living within the Field of Nature
- Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Modules One to Two
– Know your Patterns within the Ebb and Flow of Seasons and Food
Study of each of these six primary Associated Yoga Texts topics begin with a 2 day Introductory Module One Workshop as a starting point for the student. From there a Foundational range of 4 day Modular Course options are available. Together they allow a uniquely comprehensive intensive exploration of all facets of textual and lifestyle teachings around Yoga.
“The Art of viniyoga is a process that moves from a uniquely personalised Yoga practice adapted to
our outer limitations towards a uniquely personalised practice that explores our inner potentials.”
The Associated Yoga and Lifestyle Texts Workshop and Course Modules total over 300 contact hours. However a Core level of combined modular study totalling 100 hours can be undertaken, leaving 200 hours of Intermediate and Advanced levels available for those interested in Further Studies.
The Core level 100 contact hours of Associated Yoga and Lifestyle Texts Study is comprised of:
- Sūtra Psychology Workshop Module One – 2 days or 10 hours
- Sūtra Psychology Course Modules Two and Three – 8 days or 40 hours
- Haṭha Energetics Workshop Module One – 2 days or 10 hours
- Gītā Scripture Workshop Module One – 2 days or 10 hours
- Upaniṣat Mysticism Workshop Module One – 2 days or 10 hours
- Sāṃkhya Philosophy Workshop Module One – 2 days or 10 hours
- Āyurveda Lifestyle Workshop Module One – 2 days or 10 hours
These Core Level Modules, along with the 150 hour Yoga Practice Techniques and Theory Study Modules, are prerequisites for students interested in Professional Training as a Yoga Teaching and Therapeutic Healthcare Practitioner.
The Intermediate and Advanced levels offer 200 contact hours of Associated Yoga and Lifestyle Texts as Further Studies Modules in the following areas:
- Sūtra Psychology – Course Modules Four and Five – 40 hours
- Haṭha Yoga texts – Course Modules Two and Three – 40 hours
- Gītā Scripture – Course Modules Two, Three and Four – 60 hours
- Upaniṣat Mysticism – Course Module Two – 20 hours
- Sāṃkhya Philosophy – Course Module Two – 20 hours
- Āyurveda Lifestyle – Course Module Two – 20 hours
Furthermore, as all the Modular Workshops and Courses are limited to a maximum of five students putting together a group has much more flexibility. They aim to facilitate an in-depth focus in terms of intensity, relevance to group situations, all within an exclusive learning environment.