The Art of the Application of Mudrā Workshop Module One
Empower your Body Exploring how to Customise Mudrā
The Art of Application of Mudrā – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It introduces the student, through a 2 day workshop, to the primary principles and teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar on the Art of Application of Mudrā.
Based in the Cotswolds, it is open to all except complete beginners. It offers an opportunity for a student from any Yoga background or style to have an in-depth weekend workshop introducing the Art of the Application of Mudrā, either for personal development or, if relevant, to enhance professional skills.
It is presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching, namely, transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the students personal practice and study Sādhana.
It is an opportunity for any Yoga Student, or Yoga teachers or trainee teachers from any Yoga background or approach to develop and deepen their personal Yoga Sādhana through developing an appreciation of the core teachings that underpin the Application of Mudrā.
It is also a prerequisite to further work in the Art of Application of Mudrā Course Modules Two to Three.
The Art of Application of Mudrā – Module One Workshop Framework
The Art of Application of Mudrā – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshops reflect the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Guidance in emphasising a personal Mudrā Practice to support your everyday life.
- Understanding the principles in the Application of Mudrā which inspire and shape Yoga practice.
- An overview of Yoga teachings around Mudrā practice.
- Familiarisation with Mudrā terminology and practice techniques.
- Appreciating how your body can work more effectively in Mudrā.
- Deepening our work with and importance of Mudrā in practice.
To present a view of the Application of Mudrā to help develop our practice and deepen our relationship with Yoga Sādhana. They are offered with respect for the vital source from which these Yoga teachings originated and their place in our age and culture. Its role is not to train students as Yoga teachers.
Yoga is a process to train a student,
not a training to process a teacher.
The Art of Application of Mudrā – Module One Workshop topics total over 10 hours through:
1. Study of Mudrā Practice Theory Introduction to Yoga Practice learning the skills to develop and refine your own Mudrā practice according to who and where we are – 3.0 hours
- Exploring Mudrā Practice according to Age
- Exploring Mudrā Practice according to Health
- Exploring Mudrā Practice according to Lifestyle
- Exploring Mudrā Practice according to Energetic Constitution
- Exploring Mudrā Practice according to Psychological Constitution
2. Introduction to Mudrā Practice Techniques and Practice Theory 7.25 hours
- Exploring the components that make up an Mudrā practice
- Definition, purpose and benefits of Mudrā
- Introducing the Energetic and Psychological characteristics of Mudrā
- Introducing how Mudrā are arranged sequentially in building a practice
- Introducing how counterposes are used within Mudrā practice
- Introducing how we breathe in Mudrā practice
- Introducing how we use movement or stay as tools in Mudrā practice
- Introducing how we modify or vary Mudrā within our practice
- Why and how of using Primary Mudrā within a Yoga practice
- Informal support of a practical nature through review, reading, questions for reflection and guidelines for core and developmental personal Mudrā practices
The Art of Application of Mudrā – Module One Workshop Prerequisites
Prospective students will have successfully completed:
– the Application of Āsana Module One Workshop and Modules Two to Five Courses.
The Art of Application of Mudrā – Module One Workshop Duration
A total of over 10 hours over two days plus suggestions for guided home study and practice directions.
The Art of Application of Mudrā – Module One Workshop Feedback
Support and advice will be offered on the students’ progress and on the possibilities for further development after the course.
The Art of Application of Mudrā – Module One Workshop Certification
The Art of Application of Mudrā Module One Workshop Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students with 100% attendance. This Certificate is awarded in recognition of the commitment in studying the viniyoga of Yoga Practice Techniques and Practice Theory respecting the spirit of TKV Desikachar’s teaching.
The Art of Application of Mudrā – Module One Group Size Workshop Timings Fees & Booking
The Module One Personal Sādhana Workshops are limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It is for all Yoga students except complete Yoga beginners, or any Yoga teacher, or Yoga trainee teacher.
The days are on Saturday from 10.30-6.45 and Sunday from 9.00-2.00.
The 2020 Workshop fee will be £225 for the two days.
The 2021 Workshop fee will be £230 for the two days.
The 2022 Workshop fee will be £235 for the two days.
The full fee is payable at the time of booking and includes a pre-prepared colour printed manual, tuition, vegetarian lunches each day, all refreshments plus supper on the evening of the first day. Accomodation is not included in the teaching and catering fee.
The full Workshop fee is required. It can be paid by Postal cheque or Bank draft. Please contact Paul to indicate your preference. Confirmation of your payment and place will be sent. All Fees are non-returnable and non-transferable. In the case of Workshops not running an acceptable alternative or a full refund will be offered.
The Art of Application of Mudrā – Module One Workshop Venue & Accommodation
All the weekends are based in the Cotswolds with a country setting and retreat atmosphere.
Do note that the fees will include lunch and, if staying overnight, evening supper to help with costs. Thus, if staying overnight locally there is no need to incur any further costs, apart from accommodation, until you leave.