The Online Art of Haṭha Energetics – 121 eStudy Module One
– Vitalize your Energy Understanding Nāḍī Prāṇa Agni Cakra Bhūta
This particular Module One consists of nine 121 live video meetings to facilitate a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It introduces the student, through an online teaching dialogue, to the primary principles and essential teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar within the Haṭha texts.
These Primary principles will be drawn from early formative texts such as the:
- Gorakṣa Śataka composed around the 13/14th Century
- Yoga Yājñavalkhya composed around the 14th Century
- Śiva Saṃhitā composed around the 15th Century
- Haṭha Yoga Pradīpikā composed around the 15th Century
- Yoga Tārāvali composed around the 15/16th Century
- Yoga Upaniṣat composed around the 16/17th Century
- Gheraṇḍa Saṃhitā composed around the 17/18th Century
We will explore how they inspire and guide our personal Yoga Sādhana, as well as our Yoga teaching. The module is complete in itself and offers a sound overview of the core principles of Haṭha Yoga as a Sādhana.
“Whilst Prāṇa circulates in us, we live, and when it goes, we die.
Prāṇa is responsible for different functions in the body.
Prāṇa expresses itself in everything that concerns life.
there is an important question to be answered.
How does Prāṇa penetrate the different areas of the body?”
– Quote from ‘Concering the Cakra’ by TKV Desikachar
It is open to all except complete beginners and offers an opportunity for any Yoga Student, teacher or trainee teacher from any Yoga background to develop and deepen their personal Yoga practice and study.
It offers an in-depth approach to the Haṭha texts, through an experiential appreciation of the core teachings that underpin the Art of Haṭha Energetics, either for personal development or, if relevant, to enhance professional skills.
“The Cakra are points of concentration for the mind.”
– Quote from ‘Concering the Cakra’ by TKV Desikachar
These fundamental aspects can also be further developed through the Haṭha Energetics Modules Two to Three Personal Sādhana Courses. Here the focus will be primarily on four ancient or contemporary texts on Haṭha Yoga. Each module will focus on an in-depth exploration of two Haṭha Yoga texts.
The Online Art of Haṭha Energetics Module One Framework
The online Art of Haṭha Energetics Module One reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Guidance in integrating the primary Haṭha concepts to support your everyday life.
- Understanding the principles which inspire and shape Haṭha Yoga as a Sādhana.
- An overview of important Haṭha teachings around body and mind.
- Familiarisation with basic Haṭha terms and practice techniques.
- Appreciating how your body can work more effectively utilizing Haṭha techniques.
- Deepening our work with and importance of Haṭha concepts such as Prāṇa-Apāna, Mūla-Mala, Candra-Avidyā, Sūrya-Agni and Ṣat Cakra in Yoga practice.
To present a view of the core Haṭha concepts in Yoga through which students can support and develop their own practice and deepen their appreciation of the possibilities for why a view such as Haṭha can support our lives. Its role is not to train students as Yoga teachers.
They are offered with respect for the vital source from which these teachings originated and their place in our age and culture.
The Online Art of Haṭha Energetics Module One topics total over 7.5 hours through
Unpacking Key Haṭha concepts such as:
- Why we need a view such as Haṭha.
- Exploring some key themes that underpin the major Haṭha Yoga texts.
Unpacking Key Haṭha concepts such as:• Prāṇa• Apāna• Amṛtam• Candra• Sūrya• Agni• Mūla• Mala• Tridoṣa• Dvadasa Nādī• Kuṇḍalinī• Avidyā• Ṣat Cakra.
- Which concepts are most important.
- How the key concepts are linked.
- Learning to look through Haṭha at our relationship with others.
- Linking the concepts of Haṭha to the ebb and flow of daily life.
- Practical learning skills from Haṭha Yoga to refine your personal Yoga Sādhana.
- Linking to the concepts of Haṭha to help develop and deepen your understanding of Yoga.
The Online Art of Haṭha Energetics Module One Duration
A total of over 7.5 hours through 9 online sessions of 50′ each.
The Online Art of Haṭha Energetics Module One Prerequisites
A minimum of one year’s attendance at a Yoga group class of any Yoga approach, or 10 individual Yoga lessons with any Yoga teacher.
The Online Art of Haṭha Energetics Module One Feedback
Support and advice will be offered on the students’ progress and on the possibilities for further development after the course.
The Online Art of Haṭha Energetics Module One Certification
The online Art of Haṭha Energetics Module One Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students. This Certificate is awarded in recognition of the commitment in studying the application of Haṭha Yoga Texts respecting the spirit of TKV Desikachar’s teaching.
The Online Art of Haṭha Energetics Module One Timings, Fees and Commencement
The online Module One is offered to students in the form of nine 121 meetings via Skype, FaceTime, or another compatible live link video medium, to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student.
The timings for each session will be 50′. They total 7.5 hours of 121 teaching held over nine meetings at intervals to be negotiated between student and teacher. The suggestion at this point is around 2-4 weeks between meetings.
The fee for the online Module One will be a special module exclusive package price of £395 for the nine sessions and includes a pre-prepared PDF manual as a workbook support. For students using the UK Banking BACS payment system this will be the transferable fee.
However where there are cross country or cross currency transfer fees involved then these need to be added on so the received fee is still £395.
The Fee Structure can include a split payment whereby an initial payment of £200 prior to the online meetings commencing and a further payment of £195 before session 5 convenes.
Missed or cancelled meetings at less than 24 hours notice are chargeable. In these situations further meetings to catch up on content are possible and can be added on at a fee of £45 per 50′ session.
Commencement is dependent on current diary spaces for 121 students. Subject to availability, online meetings can begin after agreeing a mutually convenient time and frequency and transfer of initial fee.
Free Initial Meeting to discuss your needs
A free preliminary half hour online meeting is available to chat around options, discuss your needs and interactive requirements regarding study. Please contact Paul to arrange an initial meeting.