The Online Art of Application of Āsana – 121 eStudy Module One
– Empower your Body Exploring how to Customise Āsana
This particular eStudy Module consists of nine 121 live video meetings to facilitate a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student.
It introduces the student, through an online teaching dialogue, to the primary principles and essential teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar on the application of Āsana techniques and theory.
“Our Yoga practice needs to be a conscious deepening of what we can do.
Rather than becoming an unconscious re-enforcing of what we can’t do.”
What are the unique advantages of Online Yoga Practice and Theory eStudy within a 121 meeting between Teacher and Student?
It is open to all except complete beginners and offers an opportunity for any Yoga Student, teacher or trainee teacher from any Yoga background to develop and deepen their personal Yoga practice and study through learning to look into your Āsana practice with greater awareness.
It offers an in-depth approach to the Application of Āsana, through an experiential appreciation of the core teachings that underpin the Art of Āsana Practice, either for personal development or, if relevant, to enhance professional skills. It is also a prerequisite to further work in the Art of the Application of Āsana – Modules Two to Seven Personal Sādhana Courses.
The Online Application of Āsana Module One Framework
The online Art of Application of Āsana Module One reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
To present a view of the Application of Āsana to help develop our practice and deepen our relationship with Yoga Sādhana. It is offered with respect for the vital source from which these Yoga teachings originated and their place in our age and culture. Its role is not to train students as Yoga teachers.
Yoga is a process to train a student, not a training to process a teacher.
The Online Application of Āsana Module One topics total over 7.5 hours through:
1. Introduction to Yoga Practice learning the skills to develop and refine your own Āsana practice according to who and where we are – 2.0 hours
2. Introduction to Āsana Practice Techniques and Practice Theory 5.5 hours
The Online Application of Āsana Module One Prerequisites, Duration, Session Timings, Fees and Commencement
- The prerequisites are a minimum of one year’s attendance at a Yoga group class of any Yoga approach, or 10 individual Yoga lessons with any Yoga teacher.
- They total of over 7.5 hours through 9 online sessions of 50′ each.
- The online Module One is offered to students in the form of nine 121 meetings via Skype, FaceTime, or another compatible live link video medium, to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student.
- The timings for each session will be 50′. They total 7.5 hours of 121 teaching held over nine meetings at intervals to be negotiated between student and teacher. The suggestion at this point is around 2-4 weeks between meetings.
- The fee for the online Module One will be a special module exclusive package price of £395 for the nine sessions and includes a pre-prepared PDF manual as a workbook support. For students using the UK Banking BACS payment system this will be the transferable fee.
- However where there are cross country or cross currency transfer fees involved then these need to be added on so the received fee is still £395.
- The Fee Structure can include a split payment whereby an initial payment of £200 prior to the online meetings commencing and a further payment of £195 before session 5 convenes.
- Missed or cancelled meetings at less than 24 hours notice are chargeable. In these situations further meetings to catch up on content are possible and can be added on at a fee of £45 per 50′ session.
- Commencement is dependent on current diary spaces for 121 students. Subject to availability, online meetings can begin after agreeing a mutually convenient time and frequency and transfer of initial fee.
Online Free eMeeting for your Questions
A free preliminary half hour is offered online in the spirit of engaging in meeting and attending to your questions and offering, as an experienced guide, what I can from my long studies with my teacher. These one-off meetings are offered completely free of any future obligation and are merely a means to yatter around Yoga and a chance for me to understand your interest better in order to respond more clearly.
If you are interested then please do contact me and from there we can set up a meeting to chat around options or discuss your needs and requirements regarding 121 online eLearning. Follow this link for further information on Free Personal Online Meetings or to arrange an online meeting please use the contact page or email me.