The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Course Module Two
– Living Skilfully within The Ebb and Flow of Seasons, Food and Life
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Personal Sādhana Course is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. This is 4 day course module, comprising either a single 4 day meeting or two 2 day meetings over 3 months.
Based in the Cotswolds, they are intended for those Yoga students who, having completed an Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Workshop, wish to explore, through a 4 day course, the primary principles and teachings from Āyurveda, how they were applied by T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar and how they inspire and guide our Yoga either for personal development or, if relevant, to enhance professional skills.
It is presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching, namely, transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the students personal practice and study Sādhana.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course Framework
Each session will help us develop how to:
- Deepen our experience of Nādī Parīkṣa or the study of pulse in Yoga
- Refine working with our Doṣa or constitution within Yoga practice and daily lifestyle
- Learn how to apply Āhāra (eating) and its relevance to daily lifestyle
- Explore how to apply Kitchen Herbs and their relevance to our Doṣa or constitution
- Identify appropriate and inappropriate Vihāra (lifestyle) practices
- Choosing expansive or contractive Therapeutic Dietary Tools
- Apply the ability of Āyurveda to link directly to Yoga practices
It will be useful for all Yoga students and teachers interested in refining Yoga practice through developing Āyurveda lifestyle skills. This can be either from a personal developmental or a professional expertise viewpoint.
It will focus on the application or viniyoga of Āyurveda lifestyle skills to Yoga teachings.
- When working with the application of Yoga in sustaining a high energy potential (Śikṣaṇa) for study and practice
- When working with the application of Yoga as a support (Rakṣaṇa) in helping to maintain an active lifestyle
- When working with the application of Yoga therapeutically (Cikitsā) with imbalances that cause or aggravate the disease process
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course Professional
Even though the Āyurveda Lifestyle teachings and techniques developed in the Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module Two Course can enhance any Yoga Teachers professional skills there is no requirement to teach or to intend to teach Yoga. This is not the role of the course.
In fact not everybody wants to or actually needs to become a Yoga teacher to further their practice and study. Here the priorities are towards personal development and thus questions relating to our personal practice and study are the priorities. This Course reflects this viewpoint.
“As for pulse taking, this is considered by Āyurveda to be a method of confirming a diagnosis, which has been formed from listening to the voice, watching the posture, the eyes, the colour of the skin, the quality of the energy, and interviewing the patient.”
– T Krishnamacharya
The aim is that we are all here in this course as students and it offers an opportunity for all teachers to step back from their teaching role and re-enhance their personal study and practice path.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course topics total over 20 hours through 4 days on:
1. Āyurveda Lifestyle Study – 20.00 hours
– Unpacking Key Āyurveda concepts such as:
- Pañca Bhūta
– Understanding the five Elements
- Pañca Prāṇa
– Understanding the flow of Movement
– Understanding the Digestive Fire
– Understanding the 3 principle Energetic Processes
- Ṣat Rasa
– Six tastes and Pre and Post Digestive Processes
- Prakṛti Parīkṣa
– Intermediate Diagnosing the Constitution
- Nādī Parīkṣa
– Beginning Diagnosing through the Pulse
- Dravya Guṇa
– Using Herbs and Spices
– Utilising food as a medicine
– Utilising Lifestyle as a tool for change
- Bṛṃhaṇa Kriyā and Laṅghana Kriyā
– As Therapeutic Lifestyle Tools
2. Review Sessions and Home Study Guidelines – 0.5 hours
- Informal support of a practical nature through review, reading, questions for reflection and guidelines for core and developmental personal study processes
- Home study of a practical nature through reading, questions and exploration through textual study
We will explore guidelines of a practical nature through understanding our constitution and relating it to the many aspects of our lifestyle.
- Which concepts are most important?
- How the key concepts are linked.
- Learning to look through Āyurveda at our relationship with others.
- Linking the concepts of Āyurveda to the ebb and flow of daily life.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course Prerequisites
Prospective students will have completed an Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Workshop.
- The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle - Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop 7September 24, 2022
An in-depth overview of Āyurveda
– Module One 2 Day Workshop September 24/25th 2022
– Five Places Available
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Group Size and Dates
The group size for the Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Modular Courses is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student.
There will be either a single 4 day or 2 two day meetings spaced over three months. This is also a specialised learning intensive, so rather than fixing diary dates in advance each Course will be arranged once I have received around four applications from interested students.
If you are interested then please do feel free to contact me. From there I can advise you on the current state of the waiting list, advise you on when the next Course can be anticipated and talk over any questions you may have.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course Feedback
Support and advice will be offered on the students’ progress and on the possibilities for further development after the course.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course Certification
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module Two Course Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students with 100% attendance. The Workshop can count for CPD points for Yoga Teachers.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course Fees & Booking
The days are on Saturday from 10.30-6.45 and Sunday from 9.00-2.00.
The 2020 Course fee is based on a maximum of five students and will be £470 for each 4 day module.
The 2021 Course fee is based on a maximum of five students and will be £480 for each 4 day module.
The 2022 Course fee is based on a maximum of five students and will be £490 for each 4 day module.
For 2020 a deposit of £235 is required and the balance of £235 payable at the first meeting.
For 2021 a deposit of £240 is required and the balance of £240 payable at the first meeting.
For 2022 a deposit of £245 is required and the balance of £245 payable at the first meeting.
The deposit will not be refundable but will be offset against the total fee. All the Personal Sādhana Modular Course Fees must be paid for even if the student is unable to attend.
The fees are payable at each meeting and the cost includes a further Course manual, tuition, vegetarian lunch each day, all refreshments plus supper on the overnight evenings.
To book please contact Paul directly. Payment can be made by bank cheque or bank transfer. Please indicate your preference and you will be provided with either the postal address for cheque or with bank details for transfer. Confirmation of your payment and place will be provided. All fees are non-returnable and non-transferable. In the case of the course not running, an acceptable alternative or a full refund will be offered.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course Venue & Accommodation Options
All the weekends are based in the Cotswolds with a country setting and retreat atmosphere.
Do note that the fees will include lunch and, if staying overnight, evening supper to help with costs. Thus, if you have arranged to stay overnight locally there is no need to incur any further costs, apart from your accommodation, until you leave.