Design and Experiment with a Practice around Baddha Koṇāsana and Mahā Mudrā
– Staying in Baddha Koṇāsana for a minimum of 8 breaths and Mahā Mudrā for a minimum of 8 breaths each side
The Vinyāsa Krama or planning steps in the practice will be for a total of 90 working breaths.
– It will be based around Āsana and Mudrā especially Baddha Koṇāsana and Mahā Mudrā.
– In this instance, the practice will not include any Prāṇāyāma or Dhyāna.
– In the planning structure, any link Āsana such as Samasthiti, Śavāsana, Vajrāsana, do not count in the breath tally.
– Make notes on what you have discovered from this practice
– Justify to yourself your choice of supporting or compensatory Āsana within the scheme.
– This planning question was first proffered within Study and Practice Courses whereby the student’s responses would be shared during the next meeting along with being offered a sample response.
Accordingly, I will post this example by adding it as a PDF resource to this post after some time.
To Download or View a Sample Practice Response as a PDF