Desikachar taught me that there were eight steps
in the journey towards learning the teachings.
– To come near to the teachings and remain
– To listen to the teachings with an open ear
– To seize hold of or grasp onto the teachings
– To concentrate on memorising the teachings
– To carefully reflect on the teachings
– To live with and put the teachings into practice
– To have some experiences from following the teachings
– To share and apply the teachings with others
In the other words the journey towards
coming near to, listening to, grasping, memorizing,
reflecting, applying, experiencing and sharing the teachings.