The Art of Gītā Scripture Workshop Module One
Search your Heart in The Quest for Relationship with the Beyond
The Art of Gītā Scripture – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It introduces the student to a weekend workshop on the primary principles and teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar on the Bhagavad Gītā.
Based in the Cotswolds, it is a 2 day workshop open to all except complete beginners and offers an opportunity for a student from any Yoga background or style to have an in-depth introduction to the Bhagavad Gītā, either for personal development or, if relevant, professional skills.
- The Art of Gītā Scripture – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop 5May 14, 2022
An in-depth overview of the Bhagavad Gītā
– Module One 2 Day Workshop May 14/15th 2022
– One Place Available
- The Art of Gītā Scripture – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop 6May 11, 2024
An in-depth overview of the Bhagavad Gītā
– Module One 2 Day Workshop May 11/12th 2024
– Five Places Available
The workshop introduces students to the primary principles and essential teachings from the Bhagavad Gītā and how they inspire and inform our personal Yoga Sādhana.
“Jñānam is the wisdom of ‘I am that’.
Vijñānam is the discernment of ‘I am not this’ ‘I am not that’.”
– Bhagavad Gītā Chapter Seven verse 2
It is presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching, namely, transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the students personal practice & study Sādhana.
Complete in itself, it offers an opportunity for a student from any Yoga background or style to experience an in-depth introduction to the Bhagavad Gītā Scripture. As well as being a sound overview of the context and theme of each of the eighteen chapters of the Bhagavad Gītā. It is also a prerequisite to further work through the Art of Gītā Scripture – Modules Two to Four Personal Sādhana Courses.
The Art of Gītā Scripture – Module One Workshop Framework
The Art of Gītā Scripture – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Guidance in emphasising a personal reflective study to support your life.
- Understanding the principles that inspire and inform Yoga teachings.
- An overview of primary Bhagavad Gītā concepts around body and mind.
- Familiarisation with basic Bhagavad Gītā terms and practice techniques.
- Appreciating how chanting the Gītā can aid their absorption and deepen our understanding.
- Deepening the reflective aspects of our personal practice with the Bhagavad Gītā.
To present a view of the Bhagavad Gītā through which students can support and develop their own Yoga Sādhana and deepen their appreciation of the possibilities for the Gītā in their lives.
The role of this Course is not to train students as Yoga teachers although the Art of Gītā Scripture Course will obviously enhance any Yoga teacher’s skills in the area of Yoga Psychology and Yoga Therapeutic Healthcare. They are offered with respect for the vital source from which these Yoga teachings originated and their place in our age and culture.
The Art of Gītā Scripture – Module One Workshop topics total over 10 hours through
Bhagavad Gītā – 10.0 hours
- Exploring some key concepts that underpin this Teaching.
- How the eighteen chapters are linked.
- What are the key concepts in each.
- Which chapters are most important.
- Why we need a view such as the Bhagavad Gītā.
- Learning to look from the Bhagavad Gītā at our relationship with others.
- Linking the Gītā to the ebb and flow of daily life.
The Art of Gītā Scripture – Module One Workshop Prerequisites, Duration, Timings, Fees & Booking
A minimum of one year’s attendance at a Yoga group class of any Yoga approach, or 10 individual Yoga lessons with any Yoga teacher.
A total of over 10 hours over two days plus suggestions for guided home study and practice directions.
The days are on Saturday from 10.30-6.45 and Sunday from 9.00-2.00.
The 2022 Workshop fee will be £235 for the two days.
The 2023 Workshop fee will be £240 for the two days.
The 2024 Workshop fee will be £245 for the two days.
The 2025 Workshop fee will be £250 for the two days.
The full fee is payable at the time of booking and includes a pre-prepared student workbook, all tuition, vegetarian lunches both days, all refreshments plus supper on the evening of the first day. Accommodation is not included in the teaching and catering fee.
To book please contact Paul directly. Payment can be made by bank transfer. Please ask for bank details. Confirmation of your payment and place will be provided. All fees are non-returnable and non-transferable. In the case of the course not running, an acceptable alternative or a full refund will be offered.
The Art of Gītā Scripture – Module One Workshop Venue & Accommodation
All the weekends are based in the Cotswolds with a country setting and retreat atmosphere.
Do note that the fees will include refreshments and lunch and, if staying overnight, evening supper to help with costs. Thus, if you have arranged to stay overnight locally there is no need to incur any further costs, apart from your accommodation, until you leave.