The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Workshop Module One
Know your Patterns within The Ebb and Flow of Seasons, Food and Life
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. This weekend workshop introduces the student to the primary principles and essential teachings from Āyurveda and how they were applied by T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar.
Based in the Cotswolds, it is open to all except complete beginners and offers an opportunity for any Yoga Student, teacher or trainee teacher from any Yoga background to develop and deepen their personal Yoga practice and study.
It is presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching, namely, transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the students personal practice and study Sādhana.
It offers an in-depth approach to Āyurveda texts, through an experiential appreciation of the core teachings that underpin the Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle, either for personal development or, if relevant, to enhance professional skills. It is also a prerequisite to further work in the The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module Two Course.
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle – Module One Workshop Framework
The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle Module One Workshop reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Appreciating the role of Prakṛti Parīkṣa or the study of constitution in Yoga
- Linking Doṣa or constitutional elements to Yoga practice and daily lifestyle
- Learning about Āhāra (food) and its relevance to daily lifestyle
- Assessing appropriate and inappropriate Vihāra (lifestyle) practices
- Choosing expansive or contractive Therapeutic Dietary Tools
- Refining the ability of Āyurveda to link directly to Yoga practices
It will be useful for all Yoga students and teachers interested in refining Yoga practice through developing Āyurveda lifestyle skills. This can be either from a personal developmental or a professional expertise viewpoint.
It will focus on the application or viniyoga of Āyurveda lifestyle skills to Yoga teachings.
- When working with the application of Yoga in sustaining a high energy potential (Śikṣaṇa) for study and practice
- When working with the application of Yoga as a support (Rakṣaṇa) in helping to maintain an active lifestyle
- When working with the application of Yoga therapeutically (Cikitsa) with imbalances that cause or aggravate the disease process