Seven Years have now passed since the Yoga Studies website was re-launched with a bringing together of a number of existing projects, along with the incorporation and correlation of a range of Yoga Study and Practice resources, all under one webrella.
Within this time it has been over two years since the Journal Blog aspect of the website has seen a Menu Category revision. Plus during this time the website has also developed or added:
- A searchable Romanised Saṃskṛta Core Glossary and Cross Reference Indexed Database with some 800 entries to date. Each word is increasingly cross linked in terms of textual sources, similar and opposite words and related concepts. Being added to each word are associated quotes, posts and articles, primarily from Krishnamacharya and Desikachar.
- A continuing development of the online verse by verse, word by word offering of the Yoga Sūtra with added commentaries of T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar
- Plus on-going progress in setting up online verse by verse, word by word, versions of traditional texts such as the Bhagavad Gītā, the Gītārtha Saṃgraha, the Sāṃkhya Kārikā, the Haṭha Yoga Pradīpikā, along with Krishnamacharya’s Yoga Rahasya. Obviously much work is still to be done with adding the verses, along with notes and commentaries. However the verses added so far are up and functioning in terms of searchable cross text reference resources.
- A Yoga Posts as PDF’s Repository with some 200 downloadable PDF’s of Yoga Articles and Textual Resources.
- An extensive resource accessed from within the Dharma Downloads section of the website for Veda and Sūtra Chanting with chant sheets and sound files
In the time that has past since its conception as one umbrella site in 2010 and last menu and category revison in 2015, this extensive Yoga Compendium, primarily around the teachings of T Krishnamacharya as transmitted to TKV Desikachar, has grown even more. Of course the search box on each page works very well and I would encourage any visitor to makes use of this excellent resource.
However the Yoga Studies Journal section needed a further review and reorganisation of the input that has continued to accumulate, in terms of offering the visitor easier navigation and a more precise access to the many topics around the teachings that I received over my decades of study with my teacher.
Thus this week has seen me with my head again under the engine bonnet, so to speak, overhauling, reorganising and rebuilding the menus and categories in the Journal Blog section, so as to hopefully offer a more effective user experience in terms of access and exploration.
Of course there is still much more work that can be done, especially with further categorisation of the many posts under increasingly relevant menus, especially as new categories have now been added to add more precision for the seeker.
Meanwhile this 2017 revision of the Journal Blog section is reflected in the image at the top of this post which shows a list of the restructured menu headings under six primary groups:
Yoga Practice Posts
Yoga Texts Posts
Paul’s Yoga Practice Posts
Paul’s Yoga Articles & Posts
Yoga Sampradāya Posts
Yoga Series Posts
Under each of these six primary menus you can find sub menus expanding the content into related sub-sections as shown in the image above taken from the sidebar menus on the Journal webpage.
I hope this latest revision helps the interested visitor’s reading experience and resource access. As ever, with all aspects of our Yoga Journey, this is still a work in progress.
With my indebtedness, as always to TKV Desikachar for what he exposed me to and led me into through our many lessons and enduring personal time together, and the continuous guidance and inspiration of my web mentor and background boffin Ronen Hirsch, ever resourceful from his Romanian home.