Design an Āsana Practice for around 45′ according to the planning principles taught by TKV Desikachar.
The Vinyāsa Krama or planning steps in the practice will be a total of 90 breaths based around:
- Standing Āsana 24 Breaths
- Lying Āsana 12 Breaths
- Inverted Āsana 12 Breaths
- Prone Backbend Āsana 12 Breaths
- Sitting Āsana 24 Breaths
- Closing Counterpose Āsana 6 Breaths
In this instance the practice will not include any sitting Mudrā, or seated Prāṇāyāma or Dhyāna.
In the structure link Āsana such as Samasthiti, Śavāsana, Vajrāsana, do not count in the breath tally.
- State the aim or purpose of the practice in terms of the Āsana goal or goals
- Indicate the primary or crown Āsana you are choosing to build the practice around
- Justify your choice of supporting or compensatory Āsana within the scheme