Paul’s cYs Blog Journal 2015 Revision
Five Years have now passed since the cYs website was re-launched with a bringing together of a number of existing projects, along with the creation and incorporation of new projects, all under one umbrella.
This re-launch incorporated existing and new projects into five different sections with:
- A Centre for Yoga Studies Yoga or Chant Programme section focused on Individual Lessons and Small Group Projects for Personal or Professional Learning
- A Personal Journal section for Yoga News, Views and Blog with Posts, Quotes and Articles primarily around the work of T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar
- A Yoga Freenotes section with Online Word by Word Yoga Sūtra, a searchable Glossary and Freenotes, with further texts and commentaries around Associated Yoga Texts
- A Dharma Downloads section with Freely Downloadable Yoga Practice, Textual Study and Research Resources for the Yoga Community
- A Centre for Yoga Studies Practitioners section with a Qualified and Accredited Yoga Teaching and Yoga Therapeutic Healthcare Practitioner Register Directory
Since 2010 these past five years have seen the website accumulate:
- Some 130 pages with over 250 linked menus
- Nearly 1500 posts and blogs
- Over 300 downloadable Dharma Download resource links
- An online verse by verse, word by word offering of the Yoga Sūtra with added commentaries of T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar and a searchable Saṃskṛta Word Index Database
- Plus in-progress online versions of the Bhagavad Gītā and the Sāṃkhya Kārikā
- Further associated resources for Haṭha Yoga Texts, the Upaniṣat and Āyurveda
- An extensive resource for Veda and Sūtra Chanting with chant sheets and sound files
In the time that has past since its conception as one umbrella site and re-launch this, now vast, Yoga Compendium has grown to the point where it was getting more difficult to even find stuff myself. Of course the search box on each page works very well and I would encourage any visitor to makes use of this excellent resource.
However the Journal section, with its 1500 posts needed a review and reorganisation of the massive amount of input that has accumulated in terms of offering the visitor easier navigation and a simpler access to the many topics around the teachings that I received over my decades of study with my teacher.
Thus this past week has seen me with my head under the engine bonnet, so to speak, overhauling, reorganising and rebuilding the menus and categories in the Journal Blog section, so as to hopefully offer an easier user experience in terms of access and exploration.
Of course there is still more work that can be done, especially with further categorisation of the many posts under increasingly relevant menus, so as to limit duplicate references, especially as more categories have now been added to add more precision for the seeker.
Meanwhile this revision of the Journal Blog section is reflected in the image at the top of this post which shows a list of the restructured menu headings under five primary groups:
- Yoga Practice Posts
- Yoga Texts Posts
- Paul’s Posts and cYs News
- Yoga Sampradāya Posts
- Yoga Series Posts
I hope this latest revision helps the interested visitor’s reading experience and resource access. As ever, with all aspects of our Yoga Journey, this is still a work in progress.
With my indebtedness, as always to TKV Desikachar for what he exposed me to and led me into through our many lessons and enduring personal time together, and the continuous guidance and inspiration of my web mentor and background boffin Ronen Hirsch, ever resourceful from his Romanian home.